EVENT Social Stock Exchange - Shaping the Future of Capital Markets
Thursday, October 22, 2015
SOCIAL STOCK EXCHANGE ANNUAL INVESTOR CONFERENCE
Shaping the future of capital markets: impact investing in publicly-listed securities
Thursday, October 22nd 2015, 8am to 2pm
The Dutch Hall, 7 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2HA
Taking place within Good Money Week, this event explored how impact investing can help to shape a vision for the future of capital markets by supporting the next generation of businesses which have social and environmental change at the core of their activities. With a focus on the ability of public markets to create opportunities for scale and for the democratisation of investment, high profile experts from the worlds of sustainable business and finance articulated a strong case for impact investing on publicly listed markets
Over 200 people attended this event organised by the Social Stock Exchange. Speakers included:
- Sir Ian Cheshire, Government Lead Non-Executive Director; former CEO, Kingfisher
- John Elkington, Executive Chairman and Co-founder, Volans Ventures
- Dorothy Maxwell, Director, The Sustainable Business Group
- Iain Richards, Head of Responsible Investment, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Tomas Carruthers, CEO, Social Stock Exchange
- Joe Mitton, Special Advisor at Mayor of London’s Office
- Rachel Crossley, UK Liaison, Global Impact Investing Network, GIIN
- Meg Brown, UK Business Development, IMPAX Asset Management
- Seb Beloe, Partner Head of Sustainability Research, WHEB Asset Management
- Bertrand Gacon, Head of Impact Investing and SRI, Lombard Odier
Gary Mead, SSX Editor, has produced an interesting blog about the event with session highlights - view it here.
Reader Comments (0)
There are currently no comments on this article. Why not be the first and leave your thoughts below.
Leave Your Comment
Please keep your comment on topic, any inappropriate comments may be removed.